- Included an
- The progress window in the client application now sports a
- New View menu which allows the user to see statistical
- count of items checked in (ever)
- count of items checked out
- current item count.
- New folder path popup menu when
option- or command-clicking the title in the edit window.
- Changed the
code model to "small" and segmented the setup application in order to reduce
a library dependency. Using the small code model, the size of both applications
was reduced a little.
- Fixed List Manager problems that messed up the
list when the list is resized while an item is selected:
If the user
reorders list items on an expanded list, then we collapse it first.
- Extended the database file format to account for additional data in future
- Fixed a minor memory leak; forgot to dispose the data handle
after reading the preferences file.
- Updated the company email and URL.
July 2002 (internal development release)
support for a progress bar in the dialog of the client application.
- Fixed interference with temporary data during progress bar initialization
(only when compiled for debug).
- Added support for a View Menu to
display statistical data.
- Fixed the progress dialog in the client
- Every folder may now have an
exception list. Items listed there will be ignored during the date checking.
Effectively this means that these exception items will always remain in the
- Rephrased the checkbox text for the "Reset if modified"
option - its purpose was not clear.
- Finalized support for eSellerate's
on-line purchasing system. The software can now be purchased directly from
within the setup application (Apple menu -> Buy/Register).
the memory requirements as required by on-line purchasing.
- Changed the
registration code; user name is now max 45 characters and company name max 33
- Cleaned up some balloon help texts.
up error messages and redesigned layout of the alert box.
- The about
box has become a lot more informative.
- Added a pop-up menu with
contact information to the about box.
- Introduced an option to remove
exception items from the list if missing.
- Fixed a resource compilation
error regarding the text banner in the about box.
- Removed some typos
from balloon help texts.
April 2002 (beta-test release)
- Introduced the concept of an exception list.
- Building up support
for eSellerate on-line purchasing of the software.
- Added a the
exception list to the folder edit dialog.
- Changed the code such that
we do only allow exception items that are located inside the defined
- Also added buttons to modify the exception list.
- Modified the code to make sure the exception list can be navigated via
- The current version number can now be seen in the
- Made sure the version string is up-to-date.
a registration string to the about box.
- The about box now also
includes a scroll-past text banner.
- Slowed down the text banner as it
was too fast in PowerPC computers.
- Added new up/down buttons with which the items may be moved up/down the
- Added balloon help to menu items.
- The client algorithm
has been improved; is now a little faster.
- Changed the client
application to respond properly to user events.
- Modified the client's
progress dialog to include the stop button.
- When the preference is
selected, the client's progress window position will also be remembered.
- Detected a data overlap bug that was introduced by the compiler and crashed
- Fixed a bug where the information string was not properly
- Fixed a small bug connected to the moving of folders in the
- Fixed a cosmetic problem with the list in the setup app.
- Novice warnings now beep.
January 2002 (beta-test
- New release, ready for beta testing.
balloon help to all items.
- Upgraded to version 1.3.9 of the tinyApp
- Fixed a bug where the folder list was not properly
initialized in certain cases.
- Fixed a bug related to double-clicking
- Re-coded several of the setup application methods ensuring
proper cleanup when closing down.
- Cleaned up some code in the shared
base classes used by both applications to reduce code bloat.
detection of whether the database is currently being modified by the other
- Moved the List Manager support from the application to
- Introduced novice warnings that can be switched off via
a check box.
- Added a somewhat crude preferences dialog.
a preference to be able to remember window positions.
- Added support
for statistical information.
- Duplicate folder specifications can no
longer be defined.
December 2001 (internal development
- Remodeled the scanning procedure in the client.
- New "slow motion" option allows the user to see the scanning progress
(client is too fast otherwise).
- Clicking default button outlines will
no longer issue any response; one must click the button.
- Fixed a bug
that kept directory items from being checked-in properly.
files may no longer be created unless the user wishes to save data.
- Either application now quits with an error if the preferences file were
open by the other one.
- For existing preferences files, any current
preference settings are preserved.
- Added command-key equivalents in
the setup app.
- List in the setup app is now printed properly.
- Fonts can now be changed in a STR# resource.
- System is checked for
- Changed the application preferences format in the
- Complete re-code of the TrashFridge Suite
- Setup application now uses a folder list, which can be modified in a